- Direct Attached Storage devices–USB/FireWire/eSATA
- Network Attached Storage devices and Windows storage servers
- Eco friendly PCs
- High-capacity desktop storage
- 7200 RPM performance–from 250GB all the way up to 3TB
- OptiCache™ technology further exploits big 64MB cache sizes and improved micro processor capabilities
- SATA 6Gb/s technology to further maximize performance
- Barracuda® drives comply with the RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds.
- 70% or more of the materials used to build Barracuda drives are recyclable.
- Low power consumption
- No utilities to run
- No extra integration steps to take up your time
Barracuda® hard drives give you what you want.
Count on Barracuda® drives to deliver the storage innovations that drive your costs down and your performance up.
Maximizes hard drive storage densities.
Barracuda 1TB-per-disk technology incorporates 340,000 unique tracks in the width of a single inch. This incredible storage density drives new capacity possibilities and lowers your total storage costs.
Seagate AcuTrac™ technology enables new storage densities with accurate reading and writing to nano-sized tracks that are only 75 nanometers wide! That’s about 500 times smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.
Green where it counts.
Barracuda® 1TB-per-disk hard drives now have advanced power modes to save more energy while in idle states–without sacrificing performance.
Barracuda desktop drives are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
Your no-hassle transition to 4K sectors.
Are you worried about moving to Advanced Format 4K sector technology? You don’t have to be with Barracuda drives.
Seagate SmartAlign™ technology makes this transition a snap:
Go beyond 2TB with DiscWizard™ software.
The sure way to get native access to hard drives bigger than 2TB is to adopt the new BIOS standard called UEFI. If you’re not there yet, Seagate has an alternative.
Free DiscWizard™ software from Seagate provides you a means to effectively utilize your 3TB Barracuda® drive, even with Windows XP and using the standard PC BIOS. Get your free copy to go beyond 2TB today!
|Spindle Speed (RPM)||7200|