Gunnars are high performance prescription compatible computer eyewear optimised for the digital screen. Comprised of a proprietary lens material in an advanced geometry tuned for specific viewing distances and finished with custom formulated lens filters, tints and coatings so Gunnar’s indoor eyewear delivers an immediate and noticeable advantage when viewing any digital LCD screen.
Designed to enhance contrast and visual performance whilst minimising screen glare and reflective light plus selectively neutralising the harsher parts of the colour spectrum, Gunnars computer eyewear technology is the result of intense study and research on the human optical system and its interaction with digital technology.
Essentially, the benefits of Gunnar high performance eyewear include reduced visual stress, augmented details and an environmental barrier blocking ambient air currents to alleviate dry eye effects.
iONik lens tints:
With advanced spectropotometry, Gunnars lab technicians have the ability to study and analyse even the most difficult lighting environments. Each part of the visible and invisible light spectrum can be measured and quantified. To balance and optimise that lighting environment for the needs of the human eye, the Gunnar lab techs then use a combination of iONik lens tints and i-FI coatings.
* Tints tuned to specific environments for maximum visual efficiency.
* Captures and enhances ‘good’ light to increase ocular endurance.
* Reduces high energy visible light to speed visual recovery.
* Enhances contrast for a sharper viewing experience.
fRACTYL lens geometry:
Designed using advanced computer algorithms, fRACTYL lens geometry mimics nature by focussing light. The highly wrapped configuration creates an ocular microclimate trapping in humidity and blocking out evaporative air currents.
* Precisely tuned to specific distances for reduced visual stress.
* Advanced optics for augmented details.
* Independent ocular microclimate provides increased humidity levels.
* Environmental barrier blocks ambient air currents to alleviate dry eye effects.
i-FI lens coatings:
i-FI multi-stage lens coatings filter transmitted light and protect the lens. The anti-reflective portion cuts glare and distracting extraneous light. A hydrophobic component keeps water spots to a minimum while an oleophobic coating protects from smudging and fingerprints. A final hard coat reduces environmental wear and minimises scratching.
* Filters specific wavelengths to selectively neutralize harsh parts of the colour spectrum.
* Anti-reflective coating reduces glare and reflective light.